Phoebe (1) "Our (Christian) sister":
See Deacon, Deaconess. Answer: Phoebe is mentioned only once in the Bible, in Romans 16:1–2, where Paul writes, “I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. He commends to the Romans the deaconess Phoebe, attached to "the church at Cenchrea" I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.” "Servant" is vague, and "deaconess" is too technical. Although he had not yet visited Rome, Paul would have been familiar with the community and its circumstances through Priscilla and Aquila, who were in Corinth, having previously lived in Rome. Phoebe (Romans 16:1) of Cenchrea conveyed it to Rome, and Gaius of Corinth entertained the apostle at the time of his writing it (16:23; 1 Corinthians 1:14 ... /r/romans.htm - 44k. Paul describes Phoebe as (1) “our sister,” (2) “a deaconess,” (3) “a helper of many and of myself” (Rom 16:1, 2). Paul calls the believing husband and wife "the brother or the sister" ( 1 Corinthians 7:15... (2) The Greek word translated "servant" is diakonos. Paul's letter to the Romans was written in Corinth sometime between the years 56 and 58, in order to solicit support for an anticipated missionary journey to Spain. PHOEBE fē’ bĭ (Φοίβη, G5833, pure, bright, radiant). KJV PHEBE . Biblical scholars are divided as to whether Chapter 16, Paul's letter of recommendation for Phoebe, was intended for Rome, with whose Christian community he was … A deaconess in the church at Cenchreae (a village on Corinth’s E harbor).

Finalmouse Air58 Amazon, Silver Markings And Their Meanings, + 9moreCozy RestaurantsALPINE TAVERN & EATERY, Tap Room 32, And More, Combined Counties Football League Table, Chantelle Houghton Daughter, Thames House London Mi5, Gurnam Bhullar Movies, Dollar Rate In Russia Tomorrow, Xmpp Js Server, Signal Leave Group, Belize Dollar To Inr, Streets In Lokoja, Auburn Vs Georgia Basketball Predictions,