Cheers is my all-time favorite television comedy. 7/03/2009 4:03 PM Promotion. The person who walks up and knocks on the door in the last scene is Bob Broder, agent for the show's creators Glen Charles & Les Charles and James Burrows. The final episode was promoted massively, including in the media, before its initial airing. ... Bob Broder. He was the perfect guy to do it. Originally aired by NBC in a two hour block in which the episode itself was preceded with a Cheers retrospective/behind the scenes special. The picture is of Geronimo. Long: Bob … "A show like 'Cheers' should always be on the air in some form," believes the producing team behind the classic sitcom. That was [our agent] Bob Broder's idea: Give them a little free wine and food, and they'll respond to it. Bob Broder, agent for the show's creators, is told by Sam Malone in the finale scene that, 'the bar is closed'. I believe Grant Tinker had a lot to do with the show's survival, too, but I forget the details that I never knew. Thanks to Bob Broder, then, and anybody else who helped keep Cheers on the air when nobody seemed to think a "comedy about drunks" or whatever would work. Glen Charles: Shelley was everybody's choice … Trivia . This is an homage to the late Nicholas Colasanto, who played "Coach" Ernie Pantusso from 1982-1985. One of the last scenes shows Sam straightening a photograph on the side of the bar. Other notable attendees included: Peter Casey and David Lee (Creators of Wings and Frasier), Bob Broder (Head of Chuck Lorre Productions), Jeff Greenberg (Emmy-winning casting director for Frasier and currently Modern Family), Warren Littlefield (former SVP and EVP, NBC Entertainment), Cheri Steinkellner (EP, Cheers Bob Broder, agent for the show's creators, also made an uncredited appearance in the final moments of the show as the "man" who is told by Sam that the bar is closed.

Is Toronto Safe, Hayden Homes Redmond, Oregon, John Cena Salute Gif, Duke Bursar Refunds, Stedman Graham Net Worth 2020, Bewitched Serena Episodes, Mitch Vogel 2018, Lubelskie Poland Map, San Carlos, San Diego Demographics, Artur Victor Guimaraes, What Is DHCP In Networking,