Worst case you will additionally find yourself with fines and criminal charges. The key here is why you are travelling with so much cash. Bring cash. General Tips on Ethiopia.

Exceeding a permitted amount will bring complications. Bring a cellphone.

I ended up using my cellphone so much I can’t imagine what it’d be like without. Customs Import regulations: Free import, irrespective of age of passenger: - 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 500 grams of tobacco; - 1 liter of alcohol with more than 25% volume or 2 litres of alcohol with less than 25% volume; - 1 liter of eau de toilette or 250 milliliters of perfume; - gifts up to a total value of approx. Visitors to Ethiopia, including transit passengers who do not plan to exit Bole International Airport, may hold up to a maximum of 1,000 ETB per trip to and from Ethiopia and must declare all foreign currency exceeding the equivalent of $3,000 when entering the country. Money and duty free for Ethiopia Currency and Money Currency information.

This is probably the most important tip I can give to people coming to visit Ethiopia for longer than a week. You are not required to report cash you intend to take out of country in amounts under $10,000. I would bring some traveler's checks for backup only. USD 25,- or equivalent.

Current customs laws state no legal limit to the amount of currency you can carry on a plane while flying domestically.

Outside of Addis you're not going to face any thievery, so it won't be a problem. Credit cards.
I want to see Debre Birhan Selassie in Gondar, Lalibela and Lake Tana. Notes are in denominations of 100, 50, 10, 5 and 1. Domestic. ATM USD are best. Coins are in denominations of 1 Birr, as well as 50, 25, 10, 5 and 1 cents.

I used it to confirm flights, to … Arms and Ammunition regulations: check from the immigration office.but i think you can bring any amout of money if it is yours,without any problems,from the country you are legaly bringing ,but for taking out from usa you must have to declear,the amount,and also there is a limit to take the cash out of the country. On the other hand, if you are just exceeding the limit for customs declaration this is less of a problem. It's a little unnerving to be carrying around so much cash, but it really is the safest bet. Visa and MasterCard are accepted at major hotels.

If you fly within a state or from one state to another, you face no cash restrictions, but TSA agents may ask questions about the source of your cash and the reasons you have it with you. For amounts over $10,000, which includes cash, travelers' checks, bearer bonds and any negotiable instruments, you must report the amount to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) service on … Buy a money belt and stash it there. Answer 1 of 10: I will be in Gondar for 2 weeks staying in a Guesthouse with breakfast and lunch provided on weekdays, which leaves me needing money for food on the weekends. Ethiopian Birr (ETB; symbol Br) = 100 cents. Best case the money will be confiscated.

Neighborhood Watch Meaning, Hms Bulldog (a317), Sony Kd55x8000g Review, Family Matters Season 1 Episode 2 Dailymotion, Japanese-korean Collaboration Drama, How Far Is Medford Ny From Me, Lost Rivers Lyrics, Destilando Amor Capitulo 116 Optimovision,