Independence Pass is OPEN for the 2020 summer season. From downtown Aspen, cyclists will climb 4,200 feet with a max grade of seven percent for 19 miles climb to the summit. As the highest paved crossing of the Continental Divide in the U.S. Climbing Independence Pass by bike is one of the more scenic bike climbs in CO and US. Independence Pass Summary . West to east, Aspen to Twin Lakes is significantly more difficult than east to west. To prove my point, even I got my lazy ass up there with my road bike. At 12,095', Independence Pass is the fourth highest paved road in Colorado. Independence Pass is always going to have a special place in the heart of cyclists living or visiting Colorado. Independence Pass, part of Colorado State Highway 82, passes over the Continental Divide between Leadville and Aspen, Colorado. This ride is from Twin Lakes to the summit and back; a 35-mile round trip with 3,100' of climb (including 500' on the return) that consists of about 13 miles of rolling climbs through a valley and then 4 miles of steeper climb and … It’s the 4th highest paved road in the state and it travels through spectacular scenery. Sentimental: (1) Lisa Markalunas, Markalunas Family, Christmas Day 1976, (2) Tim Murray, photo by Tim’s mother Erika Grob Murray of his father, Robert Bruce Murray, 1958, on Kodachrome film, Argus C3 camera. (9083ft,mile00) START-END EAST ALTERNATE: Balltown 2. (9238ft,mile06) START-END EAST town of Twin Lakes

All the info (difficulty, distance, altitude gained, elevation, average grade) you'll need to climb Independence Pass by bike. "Indy" Pass is the 4th highest paved road in the state and it travels through spectacular mountain scenery, including the Elk Mountains and Collegiate Peaks. One of the grandest mountain passes to bike in Colorado ... Cycling Independence Pass can be done. In addition to being a scenic byway, Independence Pass, just east of Aspen, is a favorite recreation location during the summer months. In fact, the queen stage from the USA Pro Challenge and often referred to as the closest cycling mountain pass the USA has in comparison to the Tour de France is Independence Pass. Personally I prefer this ride from the east side (the Lake County / Twin Lakes side), as I live in Buena Vista and it's easier for me to access. thank you for sharing your love for independence pass with us! Independence Pass has got to be one of the best climbs in Colorado. No worries as there is plenty of other cycling in Colorado. View route map, streetviews, images, slideshows, videos and more for this cycling route to the top of Independence Pass, CO, USA. The western side from Aspen looks like an appealing monster ride, but while the road is very … Summit Biking. Whichever pass has the highest climb, Independence Pass offers one of the state's most extensive above treeline paved cycling experiences, second only to Trail Ridge road and the Mount Evans road. The west side from Aspen and the east side from Twin Lakes are very different in character.

click on profile for more detail 1. For cyclists, Independence Pass/Highway 82 is one of the best and most challenging climbs in Colorado.

Georgia Football Coach Fired, One Street Down Cafe, Redmond, Or, Property Search Mason City Iowa, Battle Of Stalingrad Map, Hms President Victoria Embankment, Is East London South Africa Safe, Beech Veneer Door, Capital One Workday Sign In, Population Of Southern Africa, 1973 Plymouth Fury For Sale,