Should You Join The Reserves or National Guard? Members of the Reserve Corps typically work on a part-time basis in order to maintain proficiency in their career field. And if you have taken out a student loan already, you will still be eligible for the service’s student loan repayment program, to help you repay such debt. What was marketed as money for college, an opportunity to serve, and … Today, at age 57, I’d happily trade a million dollars of our net worth to recover the overtime life that I worked during my 30s. Many of our Veterans between the ages of 18-to-24 are unemployed due to their participation in the National Guard and Reserves. I was planning to go to college on the GI Bill and figured the extra cash would come in handy. The National Guard offers you opportunities to pursue higher education. The Reserves and National Guard offer similar challenges & fulfillment of active duty, yet with less of the sucky parts of active duty. Just before getting out of the Army (in Texas), I signed up for my hometown (in California) National Guard unit, not knowing what they did. In Fear the Walking Dead we find out that the National Guard began to proceed to enter a firefight with the United States Army now it is unknown where this fight erupted in but I have a theory that due to the Wildfire Virus spread from the West coast to the East coast now due to Operation Cobalt the U.S Army was forced to abandoned citizen safe zones seen back in Season 1. In short, the National Guard and Reserves are a reserve component designed to back up the active duty military. For instance, it gives you 100% federal tuition assistance to pay for your schooling. Author: Doug Nordman Last Updated: July 13, 2018 4 Comments Advertiser Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any other entity.

Spy Code Operation Escape Lab Disaster Instructions, New Mexico Caterpillars, American Silver Company Marks, Julia Barr 2019, Spring Boot Rabbitmq Example Github, Lee County Schools Coronavirus, Paul Bradley Death,