Saturday, August 15th 2015 at 6:30am a gunshot blast into the gloaming Colorado sky marking the start of my first Leadville Trail 100 race, along with 1648 other riders who had lined up to suffer f…

The legendary Leadville 100 mountain bike race starts and finishes in the heart of Leadville at 10,200’.

Near Leadville North, Colorado. Since I turned 50, I pick a life-affirming race or two each year to test my limits. The Leadville Trail 100 Run (aka The Race Across The Sky or the LT100) is an ultramarathon held annually on rugged trails and dirt roads near Leadville, Colorado, through the heart of the Rocky Mountains.First run in 1983, the race course climbs and descends 15,600 feet (4,800 m), with elevations ranging from 9,200-12,620 feet (2,800-3,850 m). Check out our virtual course map — brought to you by Trail Genius — for a complete tour of the 2015 Leadville Trail 100 MTB course including video, GPS data, detailed terrain profiles and other key features to get you ready to rock the race. I’ve promised some Maah Daah Hey enthusiasts a comparison between the two races for a while, so here it is.

Around 25 years ago one man saw the depressed town and created an epic 100 mile foot race as the answer to bring money in, thus was born an entire culture of extreme trail running & MTB races focused on Leadville.
One incredible segment of the journey has finally reached it... 2013 Leadville 100 MTB Pictures The following post is from Steel City Endurance athlete Mike Quigley. This year 829 runners started the race, 374 people finished under the 30-hour time limit (a 45% finisher rate). I hope I make it to the Leadville 100 via Leadman route and make the 12 hr mark without DNF'ing. With more than 90 percent dirt or double track dirt roads, steep climbs, serious descents and a seven-mile climb to the 50-mile turnaround at 12,600’, there is approximately 14,000’ elevation gain.
My Journey to the Leadville 100 MTB Race. The Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race. That makes for a long and grueling day… I’ve done Maah Daah Hey 100 twice now in 2014 and 2016 while I’ve done Leadville Trail 100 once in 2015.

Join the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) for the race of all races -the Leadville Trail 100 MTB or the Leadville Trail 100 Run.One hundred and three miles across the high-altitude, extreme terrain of the Colorado Rockies, this event was created for only the most determined athletes. 103.2 mi, +11287 ft. Bike ride in Leadville, Colorado 2012 Leadville Trail 100 MTB - A bike ride in Leadville, Colorado Features Upgrade Organizations Find Ride Reports

First Service Residential Human Resources Phone Number, Mt Goode, Alaska, Big Rivers Conference Basketball, Ellery Queen Characters, Schools' Head 2020 Draw, Cultus Lake Resort, Mangatarem Town Fiesta 2020,