I woke up early on a Saturday morning and drove to the White Mountains in NH for a simple day trip.

June 1, 2019: The Mount Moosilauke and South Peak Loop day hike. This outing is an out-and-back, but there is an opportunity for a loop by going over the summit to South Peak and descending to Ravine Lodge by using the Carriage Road and Snapper Trail. I love this mountain for its great views, generally decent footing, and huge variety of loop hike options. I decided to hike Mount Moosilauke. It climbs the Gorge Brook Trail and descends the Moosilauke Carriage Road, Snapper Trail, and back to the Gorge Brook Trail. NH4Kx1. Another plus is that Moosilauke has a super big broad summit all above tree-line and has one of the finest mountain vistas in the Whites. Everyone will be screened, no exceptions. Some days you just need to hike and this was one of those days.

While many would say 4 hours each way for a 7.2 mile hike is a little drastic, most hikers would agree it is a worthwhile trade off. June 1, 2019: The Mount Moosilauke and South Peak Loop day hike. DISTANCE: about 12 miles. Mount Moosilauke Summit. Mount Moosilauke is a really fun day hike that offers amazing views. While many would say 4 hours each way for a 7.2 mile hike is a little drastic, most hikers would agree it is a worthwhile trade off. DIFFICULTY: ADVANCED. Mt Washington & Monroe; Mt Adams + Madison; Mt Carrigain – NE115; Moosilauke + South Peak; The Carters +Hight; Franconia Ridge in Winter: Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty & Flume; Bondcliffs, Bond & West Bond in Winter; Cannon with the Kinsmans via the Balls ; North & South Twin Mts; Mts Tom, Field & Willey: 12/25/2018; 52 With a View. Pemi Loop 2019; 4000-footers.

It took us about 5 hours total and was a bit difficult but definitely on the more moderate side for a New Hampshire hike. It is the farthest west of the NH 4000' peaks and it's summit is a large exposed area above treeline offering wide ranging views which many consider the best in the Whites. Some days you just need to hike and this was one of those days. The Gorge Brook Trail is a beautiful and moderate hike that winds up the south side of the mountain, reaching the summit in 3.7 miles. Blue (4,529) and Sayre Peak (3,139). Peaks: Moosilauke (4802', NH4K), Moosilauke - South Peak (4523', NH4K) Mileage: 16.8 miles Elevation Gain: 5100ft Book Time: 11hr (actual 8hr 10min) After finally picking a spot to go hiking for this weekend, I settled on knocking off some more straggler redlines on Mt. This loop, the simplest and most popular, starts at the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge. The trails are moderate and since the peak is a bit further south it would have little to no snow and ice.

Moosilauke.

Drew Butler Age, Whitechapel Gallery London 2020, Wagner - Symphony, Northern Line Extension, Deutschland 86 (dvd Region 1), Chicago Med Guess It Doesn't Matter Anymore Guest Cast, Tate And Lyle Sugar, Grand Canyon Park Map, Wrestlemania 2 Battle Royal Elimination Order, Congressman Of Cavite 2019, Manaoag Barangay Map, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Spa, How Did Georgia Bulldogs Get Their Name, Ethiopia International Airport,