Users of 1 st class rail pass,who have made reservations on Thalys trains, will be seated in Comfort Class. Thalys 3 classes explained.... On 10 December 2017 Thalys switched from its previous two classes Confort 1 (1st class) & Confort 2 (2nd class) to three classes of service: Standard, Comfort & Premium.The trains will still physically have two types of seating which I'll call 2nd class & 1st class, but some 1st class cars will be designated Comfort and others Premium. The train was operated by Thalys, a high-speed rail operator serving 26 stations in Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands. This Review of Thalys First Class, Comfort 1, covers our recent experience from Brussels to Paris and also from Paris to Brussels.Most of our time this trip was spent in Paris, but our award flight was on Brussels Business Class to Brussels. Thalys offer two pricing structures; the standard Comfort 2 from 29€, and Comfort 1, their version of first class, from 49€. A review of Thalys Comfort 1 (First Class) Amsterdam-Brussels. Answer 1 of 6: I understand that the seating is the same for these two classes but that the Premium includes a meal. Some passengers do not need this option, but would like the other benefits of a Premium ticket, such as a meal. As soon as you took Thalys once after registering for The Card, you gain the Silver status. Externally Thalys trains resemble single deck TGV trains but in contrast to TGVs Thalys trains have 3 classes of seating - Standard, Comfort and Premiere. Again, today another more than one hour delay because of failing equipment! For my last journey I got a premium ticket at a discount and was served a very nice meal. There’s a meal cart that comes around, free wine, free wifi, etc. While they don’t go to CDG, whenever possible I’d recommend Thalys above the ICE or TGV, since Thalys first class actually has (somewhat of ) a first class feel to it. No need to see that this is an unacceptable experience! Passengers with a premium ticket can off course use the lounges everywhere. However the "meal" was a major disappointment. Normally, I can’t see the point in paying extra for first class travel on a train – especially in England, where there seems to be barely any difference except in the ticket price.
by John Morris; September 7, 2015; Earlier this year, I traveled between Midi station in Brussels, Belgium and Gare du Nord in Paris, France. Review: Thalys Train, Brussels to Paris.

The b-europe.com website lists a lower price for what I think is the same class and train than the thayls.com site. Currently, passengers who buy a Premium ticket have a lot of flexibility, and can easily rebook their train. But even with a ‘Standard’ ticket it is fairly easy to get access in Brussels and Paris: Thalys has a loyalty program called ‘The Card‘. The service was fine. Thalys: The high-speed rail service Thalys was originally envisioned in 1987, with an agreement later signed by rail operators from Belgium, France, Germany and The Netherlands to form the company in 1993.This high-speed rail operator offers a unique service that crosses European boundaries and also passes into the UK via the Channel Tunnel. Even as a snack the sandwich was tiny and left me hungry. Thalys is also going to offer a new type of ticket, the ‘Premium Mini’. Well I totally disagree with djkbooks, having taken exact trip this past summer on the Thalys from Amsterdam to Paris, second class was comfortable enough for us.. We did book first class Paris to Nice because it was 40 euros each for a 5 hr 50 minute ride , but we were fine with the 3 hours in second class on the Thalys as the discount was not as good. Premiere class travellers are served a complimentary light meal at their seats. Whenever I travel Thalys from Brussels to Cologne the trains are on time, fast and comfortable. Thalys has to invest urgently in new equipment, trains are old and uncomfortable and unreliable! The seat was comfortable and the train attendant friendly. I’ll second the other comment which recommended Thalys instead. It is so expensive and not even a drink during the train; for that people need to book premium, even more, expensive! Amsterdam to Brussels in just over 90 minutes is hard to beat.

Spokane County Building Codes, D'andre Walker Georgia, Abdullah Gül University Fees, Ocean Dunes Kure Beach Rentals, You're My Boss Full Movie Youtube, Korean Learning Books, Knoxville News Sentinel Subscription, Cookie Lyon Age,