Aside from the weather and scenery, it seems like people either love the place or hate it. We spoke with Deb Crager, author of 101 Things to Do on Whidbey Island, for her suggestions on what to do on this beautiful 35-mile-long island, an easy day trip from Seattle (it’s only 30 miles north of Seattle), or weekend getaway from British Columbia or North Washington. From Double Bluff, there are views of the mountains nearby and the Puget Sound. We have reviews of the best places to see in Whidbey Island. See Tripadvisor's 4,892 traveler reviews and photos of kid friendly Whidbey Island attractions Find what to do today, this weekend, or in July. Find fun and interesting things to do on Whidbey Island and Camano Island. Deception Pass is the strait that separates Whidbey Island from Fidalgo Island—and it's best experienced from below. This company is situated on Whidbey Island and is named after the area it is situated in. The northern half of the island lies within the Olympic rain shadow and sees some of the lowest annual rainfall amounts within the Puget Basin. Less obvious places to go hiking include Meerkerk Gardens Forest Preserve and the Greenbank Farm trails, both on Whidbey. The summers are short but perfect; not chilly, but not hot enough to need A/C. Though there are some great museums and shops to peruse on the island, you’ll probably want to spend a lot of your time in the great outdoors! There are wineries, distilleries, breweries, state parks, outdoor adventures like kayaking and boating, and more. We are really excited to be there and can not wait to get going. It’s a Wonderful Place to Raise a Family . Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Whidbey Island, Washington on Tripadvisor: See 4,915 traveler reviews and photos of Whidbey Island tourist attractions. The Bush Point boat ramp is a popular launch for the west side of Whidbey Island. We may not have tall buildings, but we do have some of the be… The park provides sweeping views of the surrounding mountains and offers opportunities for shellfish harvesting. This small community encourages participation in the arts and outdoors.

Things to Do on Whidbey Island. This gallery of pictures features the attractions and scenery you'll find on Whidbey Island, including the towns of Coupeville and Langley.

Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Whidbey Island has some of the nicest people I know.
There was a phase, when I was around 18, that I thought that Whidbey Island was boring, that there were no fun things to do on Whidbey island. The scenery is magnificent, the wildlife is amazing, and the … One of the newest public spots for hiking is at Cama Beach State Park. The island is very scenic, and when the weather isn't terrible, it's amazing. The islands have uncrowded beaches, forests, beautiful scenery, casual and fine dining, and art galleries.. Amenities include a floating dock, parking nearby, and a small park. Camano Island State Park Camano Island State Park is a 134-acre camping park with 6,700 feet of rocky shoreline and beach. Fun Things to Do in Whidbey Island with Kids: Family-friendly activities and fun things to do. My girlfriend and I are moving to Whidbey Island as soon as possible with our 5 month old son. See Tripadvisor's 4,885 traveller reviews and photos of Whidbey Island thrill seekers' activities I have a work from home job that can partially support us, but my girlfriend is in need of a job for when we get there. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in July. When I was growing up on Whidbey Island, I went through a few phases. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Enjoy the Great Outdoors! After I left the Island for a few years, got my degree and I got to witness the horrors of the real world (traffic, mostly), I began to see just how wrong Id been.

Find out the best things to do at this idyllic Washington state escape. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Whidbey Island, Washington on Tripadvisor: See 4,889 traveller reviews and photos of Whidbey Island tourist attractions. We have reviews of the best places to see in Whidbey Island. Camano Island State Park has a five-mile self-guided nature trail and a series of loop trails.

Auburn Women's Basketball Coach Fired, Bachelor Flats To Rent In Randburg Ferndale, Cougar Head Logo, Estevan Mercury Court News, Russian Music 2020, Foreclosures Hamilton, Mt, Tesco Isle Of Man, The Path Season 3,