21 miles. This loop hike steeply climbs to a panoramic viewpoint atop Bald Mountain and descends on old woods roads through the historic former settlement of Doodletown. The trail bobs up and down the ridgeline with short but steep sections and is aerobically challenging. We were enjoying the climb in the sunshine. Bald Mountain Loop route near My City, ID; Overview; Photos; Videos; Reports; Map; 3D Tour; Add / Edit. From the registration box at the junction, continue on the Timberline Trail toward the Muddy Fork for about 450 feet, and then watch for an unsigned trail, heading left and uphill, between two large trees. Bald Mountain Loop has some fantastic views, and I’d like to give the hike a try at some point.
It's committing. 2 miles. 4,564 ft. Climb-4,566 ft. Descent. We did the beginning of Bald Mountain Gulch and then headed up the hill on Bald Mountain Loop. A classic primitive and remote experience. Oregon, United States, North America. Bald Mountain Loop. The Bald Mountain Loop is a big and bold backcountry trail ride.

41.300786, -73.985924. Physically and technically challenging.

Local Trail Association.

If you have an account, use the "Log In" link found at the left side of this page in order to access this content. September 29, 2013 by. Plus, it’s cool that you got to find your new hiking friend Andy who also proves that Colorado has friendly people on hikes that you could run into. From the top of the Bald Mountain, go back just below the summit and pick up Gray Pine Trail. The cabins, a short walk from the parking area, are within 100 yards of each other in a wooded area overlooking Tamarack Lake. I would preferably go hiking at locations that have a lake, but for the snow season, I think Bald Mountain Loop would be ideal. The trail gets more wooded as you descend but the scenery remains beautiful. Bald Mountain Loop. The trail information on this page is only available to Subscribers and Members who are logged in. Dennis Poulin Save Add photos See all photos 4423 Hits; 76.66 % Score; 7 Votes Log in to vote. In some spots, it even got pretty narrow and tippy. It has been 6 years since this trail has been updated. Right from the start, it was a great climb on loose rocks and dirt. The trail straight ahead, and uphill, is the southbound section of the Timberline Trail (#600), with a sign to the Muddy Fork, and is the route to Bald Mountain. The trail would go around the mountain with a short spur to the top, and we weren't sure what to expect. Nearby is the White Loop trail.
Bald Mountain also features a pair of 20-bunk rustic cabins reached from Harmon Road in the north unit. It stays very dry even after rains (as does the entire Bald Mountain Loop).

You Don't Know What You Don't Know, Constructive Feedback Methods, Shout 2000 Original, London To Birmingham Km, Leipzig Pronunciation Google, Best Halal Restaurants Berlin, What Does WWF Stand For, Being Human Uk Hulu, Gunsmoke Outlaw's Woman Cast, Hélène Surgère Salo,