Larger than previous Japanese light cruisers, the Agano-class vessels were fast, but with little protection, and were under-gunned for their size.They participated in numerous actions during World War II. They participated in numerous actions during World War II. 35 knots : Complement. 1/1800th scale Agano Class Cruiser model. She was named after the Agano River in Fukushima and Niigata prefectures in Japan. Background: You can support us by purchasing something through our Amazon-Url, thanks :) The four Agano-class … Agano class (阿賀野型軽巡洋艦 Agano-gata keijun'yōkan) History: The Imperial Japanese Navy had developed a standardized design for light cruisers as flagships for destroyer and submarine squadrons, based on a 5,500 ton displacement, shortly after World War I. The four Agano-class cruisers were light cruisers operated by the Imperial Japanese Navy. Agano Class, Japanese Light Cruisers. The Agano-class cruisers (阿賀野型軽巡洋艦) were designed as a new generation of about 5,000 ton displacement ships to lead destroyer and submarine squadrons.

Yahagi was the third member of the Agano-class light cruisers, which were designed after Japan formally abandoned the interwar naval treaties, and thus became limited in naval construction only by financial and industrial capacity. Video Software we use: https://amzn.to/2KpdCQF Ad-free videos. The Agano-class cruisers were a series of warships built for the Imperial Japanese Navy before WWII. Note the Agano-class cruiser Yahagi in the upper left distance. 730 : Aircraft. They participated in numerous actions during World War II. The Agano-class was followed by the larger Oyodo class, of which only one vessel was completed. The lone aircraft rail is my charmpoint. Even in Leyte Gulf, I did my best as a main member of Kurita's task force! Design. The Agano class light cruiser on paper looks as if it compares very well with the other cruisers presently used in the hobby in all formats. Via Lacroix and Wells (1997) ONI 222. All were named after Japanese rivers. The four Agano-class cruisers (阿賀野型軽巡洋艦, Agano-gata keijun'yōkan?) As completed, the main armament was the 152mm (6in) gun which had originally been put into service for the Kongo class battlecruiser. Agano (阿賀野) was the lead ship of her class of four light cruisers built for the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) during World War II. Because every other nation have at least 1 Cruiser in their naval tree and for the Japanese Cruisers, Agano class seem to be the best choice for the line up. Larger than previous Japanese light cruisers, the Agano-class vessels were fast, but with little protection, and were under-gunned for their size (albeit with a powerful offensive torpedo armament, able to launch up to eight Type 93 "Long Lance" torpedoes in a salvo).

Alabama Gymnastics Instagram, Patrick Kodjoe Wikipedia, Hollyoaks 20th October 2015, Salinas California Zip Code, 32'' Sony Bravia Smart Tv, Georgia Football Coach Fired, Pinkerton Academy Sending Towns,